I have a shameful obsession with anything juicy; the healthiest being fruit. Slightly less healthy are those delightfully tacky juicy couture tracksuits, and the juiciest of juicy gossip mags – direct inspiration for my post on the purple food diet!
For all the juice on juicing, hop on over to my guest post on Scoop Nutrition, in which I explain the pros and cons of juice, and explain the best way to enjoy a juice. For now? Here are my two favourite juice combo’s – and yes, one is green.
1) Summer refresher: Known for their anti-inflammatory properties, mint and ginger also contribute serious flavour.
- 1 cup watermelon, cubed
- Handful of hulled strawberries
- 1 lime, skin removed
- ½ cup mint leaves
- Small piece of ginger, peeled
Feed fruit into a juicer, followed by mint leaves and ginger. Alternatively this can be made in a blender, with ice added to make a ‘slushie’
2) Beginners green juice: Blended rather than juiced, this frighteningly coloured beverage retains the ever-important fibre and packs in a serve of nutrient-rich spinach.
- Coconut water
- 1 frozen banana
- A few handfuls of spinach
- ½ punnet blueberries
Throw all ingredients together in a blender. Blend until combined. Coconut water can be substituted with any milk to turn into a smoothie.