There’s no better time of the year than Christmas, and no better gift than a food-themed one.
Here’s my wishlist for the year – some realistic, some maybe a bit of a stretch…
1) Yonanas: I’ve wanted this for a while now. And since burning out the motor in my low-powered food processor, I’m in need of a replacement for whipping up healthy summer desserts. So what does it do? Essentially, this little machine blends frozen fruits (or chocolate)! into an ice cream like texture, resulting in a fun and guilt-free dessert. Though this isn’t new to everyone, the Yonanas is purportedly far easier to clean than a food processor used for the same task. I’ve also seen these sold for as little as $69!
2) Vitamix: Priced upwards of $900, this is clearly an ambitious inclusion in my list. Loyal Vitamix devotes will tell you it’s an investment, able to juice, blend, grind, chop, even heat, and has a seven year warranty. What’s really special about the high-powered Vitamix is its ability to pulverise whole foods while retaining the fibrous goodness of things like fruit and vegetables.
3) Save with Jamie: If, like me, you’re a fan of Jamie Oliver’s 30 minute meals and 15 minute meals – this is another must have. Interesting and fresh combinations and money saving tips make this one perfect for any home cook.
4) Spaghetti measure: I’m a sucker for a kitchen gadget, and with my hopeless estimation skills, this is perfect for cooking the exact amount of spaghetti for the required number of serves.
5) Measuring cups: As much as I love my Babushka measuring cups (which were actually a Christmas present a few years ago), these silicon ones are great as they collapse into each other, making storage much easier. Measuring cups are great not only for baking, but also as a tool for portion control.
What do you want for Christmas?
Categories: 5 of the Best...